net.demon - features
This complete suite of Internet utilities is integrated into one user-friendly interface. Instead of the tabbed dialog box used by most internet toolkits, net.demon uses the Windows MDI (multiple document interface), which means you can run multiple tools from within the same session. It also has a built-in text editor, so you can view data you may have saved from a previous session. This program includes the standard Internet tools such as whois, finger, traceroute, ping, and many others.
Click HERE for a feature-by-feature comparison between net.demon and other programs.
Stupid URL Tricks!
net.demon now automatically handles all those funny URLs that spammers
use to try and hide their real address. Check here for some examples
of the tricks they will try and use. net.demon decodes these automatically in all of the tools, you could
put one of these funny urls in the IP Resolver to get the real IP address, for example.
- Text Editor - no frills, no nonsense text editor
- MDI Interface - multiple documents allows for multiple tools running concurrently
- Multitasking - non-blocking sockets means you never hang while waiting on a task
- Context sensitive help - for everything
- Finger - get information about a user from a system
- Whois - find information about a server in the internic database
- Traceroute - trace the route an IP packet takes from your computer to a remote one
- DNS Lookup - look up records in the domain name system
- Ping - ping a host to see if it's alive
- IP Resolve - perform forward and reverse lookup on an address
- Address Scan - scan a range of IP addresses
- Identd Server - provide IDENT services for other systems
- URL Reader - read the raw HTML data for a web page
- Time Sync - query time from a remote server, or set your clock to it
- Verify E-mail - contact a mailserver to see if an e-mail address is valid
- System Info - displays your winsock info as well as IP address and host name
- ROT13 - encode and decode text using this popular code system
- Protocols - list protocols known by your winsock
- Port services - list port services known by your winsock
- Netstat - get the network status from a remote server
- Systat - get the system status from a remote server
- Quote - retrieve quote of the day
- Port watcher - detect attempted connections to your computer
- Keepalive - generate internet traffic to keep your ISP from dumping you
- Terminal - connect to any TCP port
- Port Scan - scan all ports at an address
- Net Watcher - let you know if a server goes down
- DNS Batch - process multiple DNS operations from files
- POP3 Checker - check a POP account for new mail
- ARP Cache - display your ARP Cache contents
- Spam trace - parse mail headers to find real origin of that awful spam
In the works - more great software from net.demon
online help -
- First-A-Lart - exterminate spammers before they get a chance to spam you!
- web.demon - swiss army knife for web site admins, it slices, it dices!